The snowflakes were like diamonds, glittering on the ground and in the sky. Encourage your pupils to write their own snow-related similes with a quick exercise. Pupils write five similes and illustrate their favorite comparison.
1 Collection 64 Views 38 Downloads
- Make cross-curricular connections by writing some similes during a unit on snow science
- Since the activity is fairly quick, use it as a warm-up or homework assignment
- Have kids share their similes and illustrations with a partner or small group
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The page includes the definition of a simile and an example to help support learners