This Smoking Stinks lesson plan also includes:
There are lots of good reasons not to smoke. Make sure your middle and high schoolers understand each and every one with a lesson that prompts them to read anti-smoking posters, note the main points, and write a short response on the most convincing arguments against smoking.
- Extend the activity with a longer gallery walk and discussion period
- Have class members make multiple copies of their posters and display them around the school during a campus-wide focus on smoking
- Provides examples of anti-smoking PSAs and advertisements, but feel free to augment with your own examples
- Designed for British classrooms but effective for students in any country
- Both discussion and writing assignment allow free responses and critical thinking
- A good interdisciplinary activity between language arts and health