This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: High School Math – Target J assessment also includes:
Good graphs make solving systems simpler. Pupils answer 18 questions shown in a PowerPoint presentation as part of the Claim 1 Item Slide Show series. By considering these questions, they review the concepts of graphing equations and solving systems of equations and inequalities by graphing. All items are sample questions from the high school SBAC Claim 1 Target J item specifications.
- Print out the questions as a worksheet for learners to try before presenting the solutions
- Scholars must be familiar with graphing equations and systems of equations
- Note that the top right corner of each slide indicates whether calculators are appropriate for the question
- Includes answer key and rubric for each question
- PowerPoint presentation allows for whole-group discussion