This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: High School Math – Target H assessment also includes:
Don't let the resource become extraneous. Learners review the concept of solving equations, including rational and radical equations. Part of a larger Claim 1 Item Slide Show series, a PowerPoint presentation gives 11 questions for them to consider. Some require understanding extraneous solutions.
- Use the questions as part of a unit test
- Pupils should have experience solving equations
- Knowledge of extraneous solutions is necessary
- All questions align to the high school SBAC Claim 1 Target H item specifications
- Includes different question types to provide variety
- Provides sample responses and scoring information for each question