This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: High School Math – Target E assessment also includes:
Pupils rewrite expressions in equivalent forms to identify key features. They use the vertex and factored forms of quadratic expressions to identify the extrema and intercepts. To finish the installment of the Claim 1 Item Slide Show series, they also apply properties of exponents to determine growth rates of exponential functions.
- Use the resource as part of a review session
- Learners must have experience with both quadratic and exponential functions
- All questions are sample items from the high school SBAC Claim 1 Target E item specifications
- Provides answers to all questions in separate slides
- PowerPoint presentation allows for whole-group participation