This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: 8th Grade Math – Target B assessment also includes:
Develop a radical approach to covering the Smarter Balanced targets for 8th grade math with a presentation that helps further develop math skills. Seven sample items demonstrate the expectation for working with integer exponents, radicals, and scientific notation in eighth grade.
- Use to determine the depth of instruction when teaching the associated standards
- Create warm-ups using the items
- Individuals should be able to simplify square roots
- Serves as one installment of the Gr. 8 Claim 1 Item Slide Shows playlist
- Includes a problem for each standard in the target
- Contains a rubric and answer key for each item