This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: 7th Grade Math – Target C assessment also includes:
Pupils may be able to simplify expressions, but do they understand how to simplify an expression? A PowerPoint presentation gives several examples of Smarter Balanced Assessment items that test learners' understanding of the concept. Whether your classes take the assessment or not, they benefit from exposure to higher order thinking questions.
- Incorporate the sample items as warm-ups and exit questions during a unit on simplifying expressions
- Use as cumulative review questions to spiral review throughout the year
- Expects a strong understanding of simplifying algebraic expressions
- Offers solutions with explanations
- Each item requires deep thinking processes