This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: 6th Grade Math – Target H assessment also includes:
Knowing the surface area certainly helps when deciding how much paint to buy before a project. Scholars solve for surface area, as well as volume and area, as part of the presentation from Grade 6 Claim 1 Item Slide Shows. Geometric reasoning engages multiple learning styles with nine different questions.
- Have 3-D nets available for students to see how they fold up and make various shapes
- Review the importance of breaking a shape into smaller shapes to solve area and volume problems
- Relies on prior knowledge of nets, 3-D shapes, area, surface area, and volume
- Includes answers for each question
- Questions are great for individual assignments or as a complete presentation