This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: 6th Grade Math – Target G assessment also includes:
Making money and saving money turn into high interest topics for sixth graders. Grade 6 Claim 1 Item Slide Shows use these topics in a presentation with math practice problems. The questions require applying knowledge of algebraic equations, graphing, variables, and problem solving skills.
- Introduce multiple ways to solve each problem including using an equation, graphically, and with guess-and-check
- Relies on prior knowledge of variables, graphing, and word problems
- Note some questions have a calculator icon in the corner and some classes may need the tool while others might not
- Includes answers for each question
- Provides partially completed data tables to assist scholars in checking their work