This Smart Buildings and the Internet of Things lesson plan also includes:
Is your building a smart building? Pupils learn what makes a building smart and about the internet of things. After viewing several videos on the topic, they conduct an activity collecting data from sensors and brainstorm ways to improve their school buildings using smart technology.
- If the school has a robotics team, have them provide their expertise with sensor equipment
- Take a field trip to a local smart building, if possible
- At the very least, you need a set of room thermometers for the activity
- Includes an optional writing activity
- Provides methods to expand and extend the activity based on available equipment