This SLS Today lesson plan also includes:
Lather is not necessary for an effective shampoo. After learning of the industry created consumer misinformation, individuals investigate the toxicity of the most popular additive in shampoos to create lather. They use their results to determine the perfect amount of additive for their shampoo samples. This is the 14th lesson of a 24-part series.
- Have pupils make their calculations independently; compare results as a class and discuss any discrepancies
- Use article questions to spur a larger class discussion
- Expects learners to make percent calculations
- Includes an answer key and teacher guide
- Provides a news clip for pupils to analyze