This Slow Boat Design lesson plan also includes:
Don't be a drag. Learners work in groups to design boats that move slowly. The provided reason for the activity is that a fish caught on a fishing reel is pulling the boat, causing it to move too fast. The STEM activity teaches the class about the engineering design process.
- Have a contest to see which group designs the best boat
- The activity is part of the SLED Design series
- Some knowledge of basic physics, such as force and drag, is necessary
- Provides options for formative and summative assessment
- Lesson plan includes diagrams and pictures that help with comprehension