This Slave Resistance lesson plan also includes:
Young historians discover how slaves brought to America were active in their resistance to their enslavement, and work to dispel the typical stereotype of slaves as docile and passive peoples through discussion, notes, and a role-playing activity.
1 Collection 259 Views 191 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Consider implementing some of the teacher notes and discussion items into a PowerPoint presentation or something more visually accesible
- This resource was originally designed for North Carolina schools, but can be easily adapted for other states
- Review the materials to determine whether they are appropriate for the age and maturity level of your learners, as the process of taking on the historical perspectives of slaves may be a difficult and sensitive subject
- All worksheets and instructional notes included
- Handouts for role playing activity are detailed and well designed