This Single and Double Displacement Reactions lesson plan also includes:
If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate! Young chemists learn about single and double displacement reactions including precipitation reactions, neutralization reactions, and gas forming reactions. They perform a variety of reactions, identify the observable signs, identify the products in each reaction, and write a balanced chemical equation for each of the 14 reactions completed in the fifth of 11 lessons.
- Before the experiment, review writing and balancing chemical equations
- Verify that every student has access to a copy of the solubility rules
- Use caution with chemicals as some can burn skin and others discolor it
- Includes a pre-lab worksheet covering the background information
- Offers a reference for the activity series