This Simplifying Square Roots lesson plan also includes:
Explore the process of simplifying square roots through an analysis of perfect squares. The fourth lesson of 25 expects individuals to find the perfect square factors in each radicand as a means of simplifying. The perfect square factor allows scholars to find the simplified version of the square roots.
- Use the opening exercise as board work to check individual answers quickly
- Have pupils write a list of perfect squares to keep near them throughout the lesson
- Learners must have a strong understanding of finding square roots of perfect squares
- Includes a detailed teacher guide with questioning suggestions
- Provides a set of practice problems for independent practice