Flip the fraction and continue. Given a fraction raised to a negative power, the narrator shows pupils two methods of simplifying the expression. Using different properties of negative exponents, the he demonstrates that either method arrives at the same solution.
- Have the class develop more examples that use the same properties
- Class members should be familiar with properties of exponents for whole numbers
- Assumes individuals are comfortable with finding reciprocals
- Includes a list of the exponent rules
- Uses colors to show using the negative exponent property