This Simple Solar Tracker lesson plan also includes:
Let the solar cells fight each other for supremacy! Given a functional solar tracker that moves toward light, groups copy the design to build their own devices. They use two sets of solar cells that have reverse polarization, so that the one receiving more light causes the motor to turn.
- As a class, create an assessment rubric before conducting the activity
- Requires a variety of materials; see the teacher guide for complete list
- Instructors need to create a sample solar tracker before the activity, which takes approximately 30 minutes (according to the resource)
- Includes a worksheet with reflection questions
- Background information is helpful for facilitators