This Simple Machines – Dog Gone It! lesson plan also includes:
How can people use simple machines to solve real-world STEM problems? Learn about simple machines using a hands-on, project-based learning activity. First, pupils investigate and evaluate simple machines. Then, they receive a task that requires them to use simple machines to design and build a solution before testing their prototypes and evaluating their success.
- Invite other staff members or community members to evaluate projects in a competition setting to motivate learners
- Extend learning by having students apply the techniques to other real-world problems
- Requires materials not all classrooms contain
- Great STEM engineering design challenge
- Focuses on real-life problem to engage learners
- Provides alternate activities and resources