This Similarity lesson plan also includes:
Learn similarity through a transformations lens! Individuals examine the effects of transformations and analyze the properties of similarity, and conclude that any image that can be created through transformations is similar. The resource introduces notation and vocabulary and practice them throughout.
- Use a graphic organizer to record examples, notation, and vocabulary
- Encourage pupils to list multiple transformations that result in the desired image
- Lesson assumes a strong understanding of composition of transformations
- The 14th lesson in a series of 36
- The provided teacher guide contains differentiation suggestions
- Includes an opening activity, exit ticket, and problem set