This Similar Shapes assessment also includes:
Similar shapes are all about the scale. Given seven problems, pupils use scale factors to determine measurements within similar shapes. While solving the problem, scholars also determine whether two figures are similar and use area and volume scale factors to find the surface area and volume of a similar solid. The resource is part of a larger series designed to review for the General Certificate of Secondary Education math assessment.
- Work some problems to demonstrate the calculation of the area and volume scale factors
- Individuals should know how to determine scale factors
- Assumes the class is comfortable operating with fractions
- Answer key includes cues on determining whether to multiply or divide
- Worksheet includes room to do the work