This Similar Figures instructional video also includes:
Use some similar problems to find side lengths. Pupils learn the definition of similar figures and how it relates to corresponding angles and sides. Using the definition, individuals calculate the lengths of missing sides and practice using the definition to find missing lengths, determine the scale factor between similar figures, and create and solve equations based on lengths of corresponding sides.
- Do a quick review of solving proportions, especially solving more complicated proportions
- Assumes knowledge of ratios and finding scale factors
- Fits as the first lesson in a four-part unit on similarity
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Includes an answer key with worked-out solutions
- Contains an application problem with a video walkthrough