This Should Your State Modify Its Voter Registration Laws and Methods for Submitting a Ballot? lesson plan also includes:
What is the balance between democracy and security? Using articles and videos that examine state voting procedures, learners explore the difficult question. After looking at voting regulations in their state and nationally, they consider what, if any changes should be made to voting procedures. Activities include prompts for A and B writing, debates, and extension.
- Use A and B writing prompts to stimulate debate
- Research voting regulations in your state and compare with another state in the region or across the country
- All class members need to be able to view the video link
- Resource allows for exploration of local voting regulations
- Activities include questions and vocabulary exercises
- Some links have advertisements