This Should This Lake Exist? video also includes:
The largest body of water in California, the Salton Sea, was created by accident. An interesting installment of a video series shares the history of the lake, which is now home to the second-most diverse group of birds in America. From an engineering accident to a resort town to a huge source of energy, the lake provides the centerpiece for this ever-changing desert.
- Debate what, if anything, should be done about this lake
- Learn more about the geothermal plants and map other areas with similar energy sources
- Be aware comments are open to the public and have no minimum standard
- Includes subtitles in 18 languages for ELLs
- Introduces a topic that allows for multiple debates
- Connects history, economics, and science