This Short Pappus assessment also includes:
It's all Greek to me. Scholars work a task that Greeks first formulated for an ancient math challenge. Provided with an angle and a point inside the angle, scholars develop conjectures about what is true about the shortest line segment through the point that intersects both sides of the angle.
- Develop an interactive geometry application to help the class manipulate the figure
- Gather all the conjectures and determine whether they all describe the same line segment
- Pupils should be comfortable working with triangle relationships
- Includes a description of a sample solution
- Provides a diagram to illustrate the scenario