This Setting Expectations for Science and Engineering Projects lesson plan also includes:
What is science? Sitting in a whole group discussion, scholars first share their ideas on science and how to conduct investigations. They learn about the steps for scientific inquiry and experimentation. Once finished, individuals then brainstorm hypotheses about how solar modules work in preparation for future lessons.
- Post a set of rules for group discussion on the classroom wall
- First of seven installments in the Understanding Science and Engineering unit
- Prior knowledge of the scientific method is beneficial
- Includes a list of prompts to encourage discussion
- Promotes communication between learners