Putting things together in the lab is easy; sometimes, separating them is the hard part. A variety of chemical separation methods come to life in the final installment of a 10-part series. Perfect for young chemists, the video describes the separation of homogenous, heterogeneous, and immiscible mixtures in simple steps.
- Use the resource as a launch pad for an experimental design lesson in mixture separation
- Consider providing subtitles for easier note-taking
- The class should have a working knowledge of solubility, types of mixtures, and types of solutions
- The video illustrates simple tests across a range of mixture types
- Vocabulary is featured throughout to ensure the concepts are clear