This Sensory Discovery Walk lesson plan also includes:
Let your senses be your lead. Pairs of pupils blindfold their partners and then lead them around nature areas. They use their senses to find landmarks and create maps with their findings. Once they create their maps, they go back to the same areas to see if they can follow the same paths.
- Incorporate the activity while studying the five senses
- Have groups exchange maps to see if they can follow each other's work
- Model how leaders should guide their blindfolded partners to ensure safety
- Includes assessment ideas
- Provides options for extension