This Sensible Consumers lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Girls like pink and boys like blue. Working in small groups, learners discuss stereotypes about children in advertisements. Then, scholars create their own manifestos about how they plan to respond to the consumer market they see in digital environments.
- Write the word stereotype on the board and invite volunteers to provide examples
- Have students discuss how junk food advertisements often target young consumers
- The Ads on the Internet handout requires pre-planning
- Includes a fun extension activity
- Provides links to additional resources