This Self Awareness lesson plan also includes:
Being aware of one's perceptions and biases is especially important when involved in a conflict. After watching an introductory video and four scenarios, viewers write out how they would feel or react to each situation. The subsequent discussion focuses on the importance of self-awareness when involved in a conflict.
- Divide the class into four groups, assigning each a difference scenario, and have them craft a script that demonstrates how they believe their situation could be handled respectfully
- Second in a series of nine lessons focusing on conflict resolution
- Lessons are cumulative and should be taught in order
- Presumes a protocol has been established to permit a safe, respectful discussion of sensitive topics
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The "Know Yourself" worksheet asks individuals to reflect on how their perceptions influence there reactions to a conflict