This Selecting Evidence and Partner Writing: Aligning “The Hero’s Journey” and The Lightning Thief (Chapter 5) lesson plan also includes:
Around and around we go! Scholars work in groups to connect The Hero's Journey and The Lightning Thief with a Carousel of Quotes activity. They then independently reflect on the two texts and answer questions about how they connect to one another. Finally, individuals work with partners to create a paragraph using evidence from both text.
- Choose one or two of the most difficult quote connections to model for the Carousel of Quotes activity
- Lesson 10 of 13 in Grade 6 ELA Module 1, Unit 1
- Complete lessons in order
- Requires preparing quotes for the activity in advance
- Includes an option for a more scaffolded version of the Carousel of Quotes activity
- Offers activities with a variety of grouping (individual, triad, partner)