This SEL for Educators: Mini Module #5 instructional video also includes:
Mini Module #5 examines the high-leverage practice of orienting towards optimism. In this 11-minute video, educators take in the importance of optimism as they progress through their social and emotional learning journey, paying special attention to the action of recognizing negativity bias, refraining and retraining the brain, and practicing gratitude.
- The video emphasizes that optimism does not lessen or devalue injustice or inequality but challenges adults to shift their focus to make a difference positively—take a current event, shift your focus, and search for a positive solution
- Keep a gratitude journal, jot down what your grateful for at the start or end of each day
- The video is part of a series consisting of seven resources designed to boost social and emotional development among educators
- Be sure to watch Mini Module #1 before watching this video
- Boost self-awareness, as well as joy and happiness
- According to the video, orienting towards optimism has the potential in decreasing depression and anxiety