This Seed Necklace lesson plan also includes:
Seeds come in many colors, shapes, and sizes—and that variety makes for a great necklace! Young learners collect a variety of seeds during their search in a nature area. An adult then prepares the seeds to better thread them onto a cord, creating colorful nature necklaces.
- Ask pupils to collect seeds at home for use in class to encourage a large assortment
- Expects a basic understanding of the parts of a seed
- Requires specific materials and time for preparation
- Includes connections to language arts, social studies, and mathematics
- Uses materials that are easy to obtain