This Sectionalism, Popular Sovereignty and Secession lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Students read and discuss background material on several key decisions that played a role in the Civil War including the Missouri Compromise, the Kansas-Nebraska Act and the Dredd Scott Decision. They create a timeline and write an essay.
184 Views 332 Downloads
- Have class members read the background information pages and the primary source documents as homework
- Designed for a 90-minute class period but can be adapted for a shorter class period or expand for a two-day exercise
- Documents downloaded from the site are more legible if printed on a laser printer
- Requires individual copies of the primary source documents