This Seasons of a Plant lesson plan also includes:
The third in a series of six lessons is an engaging three-part activity defines that discusses phenology, focusing on the cyclic seasons of plants. Pupils then observe phenology outside before determining how climate change can disrupting ecosystems and organisms.
- Have individuals write in their journals about phenological events they look forward to every year such as leaves changing, longer days in summer, etc.
- Scout out a site on campus where classes can observe phenological events for part two
- Lesson could easily be completed in two class periods
- Lesson provides background information, additional links for other resources, phenology calendar, worksheets, and an extension activity
- Part two gets classes outside, challenging individuals to make observations of the world around them