Discover the differences between summer and winter, besides coats and bathing suits, with a short and informative earth science video. Sabrina, the narrator of the animated video, talks about the ways the earth's tilt affects the seasons in different parts of the world, and why some times of the year are hotter or colder than others.
- Show at the beginning of a lesson about seasons and the earth's rotation
- Have learners watch the video for homework before discussing their notes in class the next day
- Begins with a short advertisement
- Discusses the northern hemisphere, but doesn't address the differences in season below the equator
- Provides an example using a flashlight that learners could do at their desks or at home
- Host is engaging and fun; your class will appreciate her references
- Models graphing and observation skills