Open up, we have a search warrant! The 27th installment of a 50-part US government and politics series investigates the concept of just how the police can search people's belongings. The short video clip explores how, why, and when the authorities can openly search and seize belongings, providing background knowledge for a class discussion.
- Invite a local police officer as a guest speaker to address the topic of illegal search and seizure
- Assign a reading on illegal search and seizure to expand the understanding of the concept
- Video clip is less than 10 minutes in length, place in a government unit accordingly
- Provides key court cases and primary quotes for extension beyond the video clip
- Animates the concept, which helps visual learners better understand the topic