Glenn Seaborg might be the only man to have an element named after him while he was still alive. Learn more about a great scientist and the element named to honor him in a scientific video. It includes photos, interviews with people who knew him, and stories about the process of having it named.
- Debate which would be a greater honor, a Nobel Prize or having an element named after you
- Create a timeline of Seaborg's scientific discoveries
- Relies on prior knowledge of IUPAC and the process of naming elements
- Connects history and science
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes