This Scientific Inquiry Using WildCam Gorongosa activity & project also includes:
How do scientists determine what questions to ask to meet their research goals? Help your class develop an inquiry mindset with a lesson based on studies in the Gorongosa National Park. Partners create their own research questions by locating and analyzing data before they create a presentation to communicate their findings.
- Show a video about lion population recovery in Gorongosa National Park to get the class familiar with trail cam data collection
- Assign some of the questions as homework to reduce the amount of class time needed for the lesson
- Make sure younger learners are comfortable with ecological terminology, especially animal relationships
- Arrange for computer and Internet access for groups
- The educator's guide is very organized and contains answer keys for all student activities
- Links to video resources throughout the lesson allow you to tailor the content to your class' needs