Science writing follows many of the same principles as writing in language arts, but some structural details differ. Individuals read an online science handout that covers how to write with precision, choose appropriate details, and use simple language in scientific prose.
- Provide a list of complex terminology and have scholars practice finding simple alternatives for each word
- Have pupils work in groups to develop a checklist of the common attributes of scientific writing
- Requires computers and Internet access unless teachers print the handout ahead of time
- Contains a lot of technical vocabulary that may be challenging
- Well-organized with a lot of pertinent information
- Written in a friendly, conversational tone