This Science of NFL Football: Projectile Motion and Parabolas instructional video also includes:
Punt, pass, or kick your way to learning physics! An engaging lesson breaks down the mechanics of punting a football through an analysis of vectors. The ninth lesson of a video series explains the horizontal and vertical velocity components of a projectile using vectors.
- Ask pupils to write down three key takeaways after watching the video, then compile a list as a class
- Follow-up activities require laptops with Internet access
- Individuals should understand the basics of velocity and vectors
- Provides teacher notes to help facilitate the lesson
- Uses video animation to improve clarity of explanations