This Science of NFL Football: Newton's Third Law of Motion video also includes:
A football tackle is just a transfer of momentum, Learners discover the principles of Newton's Third Law by analyzing football tackling. The third lesson in a series of 10 videos shows how the mass and velocity of a defensive player lead to different results.
- Show a Newton's cradle momentum after the video and make a connection between football players and the spheres
- Review definitions and examples of mass and velocity prior to the lesson
- Pupils should have a basic understanding of football
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a lab investigation to follow the video lesson
- Includes animation images to add clarity to explanations