This Science: A Work in Progress instructional video also includes:
Science is best taught by connecting concepts rather than isolating topics. Using classroom examples, a video lesson highlights the importance of showing the interconnection of science concepts. The instruction includes strategies to incorporate when teaching the scientific method.
- Combine with additional videos from the series to create a playlist of PD for in-service meetings
- After viewing the video, lead a discussion with colleagues sharing specific examples from classroom experiences
- Geared toward science instruction but applicable for all content areas
- Offers several platforms for viewing the video
- Includes questions to consider prior to viewing the lesson to focus learning