This School Bus Routes assessment also includes:
Plan the way to school. Given a map of a school district, class members portray a transportation consultant hired to develop a bus transportation plan that will pick up the eligible riders and get them to school. The plan must contain the number and types of buses, the amount of time any rider will be on the bus, along with why the proposed plan is the best for the district.
- Provide scaffolding for learners that require them
- Have classmates create posters of their solutions and hang them on the walls of the classroom for everyone to see the different approaches
- Assumes the class is used to working with open-ended projects
- Provides a very detailed description of the constraints for the task
- Includes a description of things to consider while scoring