This Scale the Wall lesson plan also includes:
How can you fit an entire school on one sheet of paper? You use scale! Scholars measure rooms in the school and, using the correct scale, design a floor plan that includes area calculations with their data.
14 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Extend the activity to creating three-dimensional scale models
- Requires chart paper, graph paper, markers, yardsticks, or measuring tape
- Consider having pupils measure rooms in their homes instead of at school
- Takes an active approach to exploring the concept of scale; should increase pupils' motivation
- May be difficult to send pupils throughout the school unsupervised to collect measurements