Showing your class a captivating video about Saturn has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? More than 60 rings, in fact! The narrator takes your young astronomers on a tour of our solar system's second-largest planet. Topics covered include the composition of the planet and its rings, its extreme weather conditions, and the possibility of life existing on two of its moons.
- Much of the information about Saturn we have is courtesy of the Cassini spacecraft; challenge learners to research Cassini's mission and its amazing discoveries
- Show the video during a solar system unit to introduce Saturn
- Does not require prior knowledge to enjoy the resource
- Explains the content thoroughly but in terms that pupils of all ages can comprehend
- Animations show students the more difficult aspects of Saturn's strange orbit and rotation