This Satisfaction Please! (Part 1) lesson plan also includes:
The topic of consumerism seems easy to those who participate actively in the US economy, but pupils who are new to economics may see the idea as foreign. Help them understand their rights as consumers and what to expect when interacting with businesses by using an insightful resource, which includes readings, an interactive activity, a class discussion, writing a complaint letter to a business, role-play scenarios, and an assessment.
- Update some of the examples with more relevant technology; for example, instead of referencing a scratched CD, discuss a broken smartphone
- Consider switching the complaint scenario and requiring learners to also provide customer service to a complaining consumer
- The resource is the first in a three-part series
- Tests for comprehension with interactive activity
- Provides ideas for extension exercises
- Includes rubric for assessment