Sampling techniques scientists use, including coning and quartering, as well as aliquots, are the focus of a video that also looks at homogeneous and heterogeneous mixtures.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Bring in a fruit cake or bread with fruit in it (raisin bread for example) and challenge class members to develop a sampling technique based on what they have learned in the video
- Video best fits as part of a unit on experimental design
- Be prepared to pause the video for pupils to write down new vocabulary words
- The second video in a series of 29
- Ideal for visual and auditory learners
- Relates sampling technique to farm work