This Sammy's Chipmunk and Squirrel Observations lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Here is a fun project. Sammy observes a chipmunk and a squirrel to see how many holes each needs in order to stash the same number of acorns. Scholars could find the answer algebraically or create a table to analyze the problem in different ways. This problem could be used as a Common Core assessment question, an in-class activity, or as a homework problem.
- Illustrates the type of question that would be on a Common Core assessment.
- Allows for multiple ways to solve this problem
- Show the relationship between equations and tables
- Detailed description of possible solutions provided
- Prior knowledge of how to solve equivalent equations is needed.