This Safe Landing activity & project also includes:
Watch out below! Future engineers come up with methods to ensure that a ball in a cup stays in the cup even after dropped from a given height. It might be prudent to include some kind of shock absorber in the cup. Parachutes are a good idea, too.
3 Views 1 Download
- Have a contest to see which group's design can be dropped from the greatest height
- Pupils should be familiar with the idea of shock absorbers
- Activity requires various basic materials
- Includes guiding questions to help facilitate a class discussion
- Provides very detailed instructions for the activity