This Sacre Coeur Funicular activity & project also includes:
Rise to the challenge of trigonometry. Watching a video of an ascending funicular at the Sacre Coeur in Paris sets the stage for a challenging task. Young mathematicians use a given diagram, along with the concepts of slope and trigonometry, to determine the length of the funicular's track.
- Team up with a French teacher for the activity
- Assumes pupils understand slope
- Note that the provided diagram uses commas rather than decimal points
- Provides a link to trigonometry resources
- Does not provide an answer key